Dahlonega - Corey Smith

[edit lirik]

Headed into the hills again

Thursday, north Georgia bound

About fourty three miles to my destination

A little goldrush college town

In the Blue Ridge Mountains, on the horizon

Here I come

Smokin’ like a freight train

Passin’ time racin’ the sun

When I pass that city limit sign

I’m feelin’ fine, oh Dahlonega



Seems everybody knows my name

Man, it really blows my mind

Cause I’ve never been one of those popular guys

Was always the quiet kind

And never a local football star celebrity

None of the cool girls ever seem to notice me

Oh, but now I hear ‘em sing along

I feel at home in Dahlonega



Dahlonega

I feel like I’ve struck gold, I’ve struck gold around here

Bury my heart and call it home



Midnight is closin’ time

Last call for alcohol

And I watch everybody stumble away

I hear Highway 60 call

It’s back to the real world

Nine to five, payin’ the bills

Back to the routines

Fillin’ my flask and poppin’ pills

When I cross that Lumpkin county line

I’ll be cryin’, I’ll be cryin’, I’ll be cryin’

Dahlonega, Dahlonega